In this list, we have compiled a list of 5 outstanding night vision scopes below the $500 mark, namely:
- ATN X-Sight II HD 5-20
- Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3x 42mm Gen 1
- Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope with IR illuminator
- Bestguarder 6x50mm HD Digital Night Vision Monocular
- Landove 5x40mm Infrared HD digital Night Vision Monocular
Night vision scopes have been in existence almost as long as modern rifles have been. During the space between their inventions, the need for an equipment to enable avid shooters to use rifles even under the fall of darkness was discovered.
These rifle scopes come in different shapes, sizes and colors even. And like virtually every product, there are mediocre products as well as the really good ones. The problem however arises when the average person wants to purchase a night vision goggle but has no idea which to go for. The question “How do I know which product will suit my needs perfectly” often arises. It is often followed by a decision which is fueled by not enough facts and information and more often than not ends in disaster.
The good news however, is that if you are reading this right now, you have been saved from the possibility of making a heartbreaking decision of buying a substandard night vision rifle scope.
In A Hurry? This is The Overall Best In This List
- 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
- MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced 40,000+ hour battery life
- Integrated M1913 Picatinny interface provides industry-standard mounting options for a wide range of applications
Before we go right in, it would do you good to remember that not every night vision scope suits everyone. Your favorite is not likely to be mine. So before we progress, decide what quality you are looking for apart from just ‘standard’. Be it affordability, ability to be used as a day and night vision gun tool, its outlook or if you have some preference between handheld or mounted models. Nonetheless, all night vision goggles here are guaranteed to do the job for you, therefore quality is definitely not an issue.
5. Landove 5x40mm Infrared HD Digital Night Vision Monocular
- Digital monocular achieves 5x optical zoom and 8x digital zoom with 40mm objective lens;get clear viewing up to 5x to 8x magnification
- Night vision scope equipped with infrared illuminator;it applies to use in the full dark environment or low light situation
- Full dark viewing distance of night vision monocular scope is 5 to 200 meters;good optical device to enhance human's visual senses
The Landove night goggle is a common choice with rifle users all around the world. It has a 1.5 inch TFT LCD. It’s digital monocular allows you to zoom in up to eight times digital zoom and five times optical zoom. This coupled with the 40mm objective lens, zooming in gives clear images.
Of course with this Landove product, you can capture images as well as record videos. For the best results, the object should be at a maximum distance of 350m or 1150 feet away.
The infrared illuminator enables vision in either totally dark or semi-lit places. It can also be used in the day. So, if you are searching for a rifle scope that functions both in the day and night, this will not be a bad choice.
This night vision monocular is also equipped with a USB port, as well as AV out DC in ports which will allow you to easily connect your device to a computer.
- Weight: 1.57 pounds
- Field of view: 261 feet, 5 degrees
- Magnification: 5x optical zoom, it 8x digital zoom
- LCD size: 1.5 inches
- DPI: 400×200
- Battery type: 14500 750mAh
4. Bestguarder 6x50mm HD Digital Night Vision Monocular
- Digital night vision monocular with 6x magnification,1-5x digital zoom and a 50mm objective lens,500 million pixels,1.5-inch TFT LCD,HD 720P video recording,built in infrared illuminator for up to 1150 ft/350m viewing distance.
- Multi-function design,with Camera & Camcorder function:can be used as telescope,camera and video recorder.Photo:2592*1944pixel,1600*1200pixel,640*480pixel;Video:1280*720pixel @30 fps,640*480pixel @30 fps.
- This night vision scope is an live Infrared surveillance camera connecting TV with TV cable,or connecting Computer with USB cable,to record video and capture image using up to 32GB Micro SD Card( not included).
The bestguarder 6x50mm night vision scope is suitable for everything from bird watching to security and surveillance, and even to night time navigation. Similar to the Landove, it has a 1.5 inch TFT LCD and then a 6x magnification paired with a 50mm objective lens. All videos and images will definitely come in HD format.
With an 850NM infrared illuminator, images as far away as 1150 feet or 350 meters so can be viewed in clarity in either day or night. This product therefore serves as a good tool for day and night usage.
The bestguarder has an adjustable eye piece which can be placed to suit a user perfectly. It is handheld but is also quite light. It is water resistant as well. To aid vision, it has 4 IR levels and 3 brightness levels. And to aid usage, it comes in seven optional languages.
- Objective field: 100 yards
- Infrared illuminator: 850NM
- Battery: 4 AA alkaline or NI MH batteries
- Magnification: 5x digital zoom (even in the dark)
- Aperture: F:1.3
3. Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope with IR Illuminator
- Easy-to-use: Mount, Sight, Shoot
- Call for mounting advice: (800) 444-5994
- Range: 100 yds. in typical nighttime environments
One of Night Owl’s interesting line of products is the Nightshot, with a 3x magnification and a 5.6-degree field of view. The Night Owl optics nightshot is a mount-compatible gun scope and has an adjustable windage and elevation. It has eye relief of 2.70 inches. Way to go!
Brand name Night Owl, as the name implies is designed specifically for night use. This particular night vision scope is rather exciting due to how professional it seems. With the Night Owl, you have three reticle types to choose from. Each different reticle type can be viewed in color or black and white.
It runs on 4 AA or lithium batteries and can run for 2 hours with IR on low or 5 hours with IR on high. The battery power is one of its less desirable traits so if you are going to be out for a while, be sure to bring spares.
The Night Owl is weather proof. With it, you can focus on objects of 10 feet and above.
- Magnification: 3x
- Focal length: 52mm
- Field of view: 5.6 degrees
- Aperture: F:1.3
- Focusing distance: 10 feet and above
- Weight: 1.3 lbs
- Battery power: 4 AA batteries
2. Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3x42mm (Gen 1)
- High quality image and resolution
- Lightweight and durable titanium body with water resistant IPX4 Rating
- Quick detach weaver mount
Perhaps the best first generation night vision scope, the Firefield FF16001 is in one word, epic.
With 3x magnification and lens with a 70mm focus, your images and videos are top notch with total clarity. The 42mm lens allows for gathering of light. It’s optics are multi coated and are protected by flip up covers that shield the optics from harsh impacts and weather conditions.
Its light titanium body is built into an ergonomic build weighing 1.8 pounds. This makes it easy to lift. It also has a mount to reduce the amount of carrying you have to do.
The battery power is admirable. With IR, it runs for 20 hours, but without, it runs for 50 hours.
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Magnification: 3x
- Field of view: 14 degrees
- Eye relief: 45mm
- Battery: 2 AA
1. ATN Sight II HD 5-20 – American Technologies Network DGWSXS314Z X-Sight II
- Use Day & Night in HD resolution - our HD technology gives you crystal clear vision whenever required
- Zero range: 100 yard. Day & Night Vision in Millions of Colors - best hunting optic that fits the situation at hand.Field of View at 1000 yards- 240 feet.Initial Velocity:2850 fps
- Ballistic Calculator - shifts Point of Impact on the fly letting you quickly calculate ballistics for any shooter's needs. Easily determine exact ballistics for expert long-range and angled shots
This ATN rifle scope was built to function as both a day and night vision scope. It is the only item on this list with a ballistic calculator. After entering all environmental data, you will be given precise and accurate measurements on the distance between you and your prey to increase your accuracy. This is coupled with a smart range finder that takes your point of impact into consideration.
With a 3 -14x magnification and an 850 pro IR illuminator, videos and images are presented with stunning clarity. This ATN sensor measures 1080p HD.
This rifle scope is for the modernity day user. It allows you to view your recorded videos on your phone or any similar device through RAV and Wi-Fi streaming.
The ATN can be mounted as well which removes the strain of carrying. It is also water resistant. It also has GPS and e-compass.
Batter wise, you can run on the 4 AA batteries for 8 -12 hours.
With this rifle scope, you can switch between day and night modes with ease. Lastly it has Dipolar adjustment.
- Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Magnification: 3- 14x
- Battery: 20,000mAh
And that’s a wrap! To be honest, if you are getting any low-end night vision scope (below 500 bucks) that is outside any of these five, you might get burnt. Also, these picks have good reviews by consumers on Amazon; so, what do you have to lose?
Also feel free to check out our top scope picks for the year!